The territory has been inhabited since the Etruscan and is dedicated ever since for the production of excellent wine and olive oil. In 1398 we have the first notarial act where the name Chianti is referred to the wine produced in this area. In 1932 a Ministerial Decree defined the Chianti wine area and its borders have remained the same ever since. This decree defined the Chianti Classico area as the “most ancient original territory” giving it a uniqueness: “Classico” meant “the original” to distinguish it to the loosely defined “Chianti” whose borders are outside the Chianti Classico region.
GIACOMO TACHIS AND THE BEGINNINGS
The current farm has been created in the mid ‘90ies with the well renowned enologist Giacomo Tachis collaboration. The Carissimo family, in the agricultural business since centuries in Campania and Puglia, after moving to Tuscany in 1997, purchased in 2011 this farm that lays bordering their country house (a ancient stone made house). Immediately after the purchase, Guido Carissimo ha made important investment in the farm to reach its quality goal and company philosophy.
A GREEN WINE FARM
The drive to reduce the environmental impact made realizing investments in the building to enhance thermal insulation (coat inside the cellar and ventilated roof) and with a modern 20 kWp photovoltaic system
The previous staff that has managed to bring the wine to excellent quality level has been hired back: the cellar man Giovanni Celani, the enologist Gioia Cresti and the agronomist Fabio Burroni.